SonarQube Server authentication token in Jenkins is default none

Manu pprp

May 29, 2019, 6:40:12 AM5/29/19
to Jenkins Users
Hi,

I have installed Jenkins - ver. 2.164.3 , and I have installed sonarqube plugins in jenkins.

And when i try to Setup SonarQube with Jenkins- Go to Manage Jenkins > Configure system > SonarQube server section > Add SonarQube.
"SonarQube Server ahentication token" field in Jenkins is default none. Please refer to attached screen shot for the same.

Could you please help me what shall be corrected in Jenkins to see "SonarQube Server ahentication token" as text box to add SonarQube user token.

Thank you.
sonarqube_jenkins.JPG

Quang Truong

May 29, 2019, 3:13:34 PM5/29/19
to Jenkins Users
Click on the Add button, select Jenkins on the popup, system will launch the Credential Provider dialog to create a credential for your sonar user.

Manu pprp

May 30, 2019, 1:11:06 PM5/30/19
to Jenkins Users
Hi Quang Truong,

Thanks for the response.

But, I would like to add "SonarQube Server authentication token", not the username and password.

I don't see any option to add "token" from the Credential Provider dialog dropdown, could you please refer to the attached image for the same.

Credential Provider dialog.JPG
Message has been deleted

Manu pprp

May 30, 2019, 1:22:18 PM5/30/19
to Jenkins Users
I would like to see "Server authentication token field" as text box" as visible in the attached image.

Expected Server authentication token.JPG

Quang Truong

May 31, 2019, 1:36:13 PM5/31/19
to Jenkins Users
From the Credential Provider dialog, select Secret Text, then use your token in the secret field. You can read the detail of the credential plugin how to use this plugin

Manu pprp

Jun 3, 2019, 11:26:52 PM6/3/19
to Jenkins Users
Hi,

Thanks very much, it worked as suggested.