After upgrade, Jenkins CLI "console" command hangs

G Dameron

Apr 27, 2022, 7:01:47 PM4/27/22
to Jenkins Users
We just upgraded from 2.249.2 to 2.332.1. The CLI commands we use routinely in our freestyle jobs are working as before, with one exception: console. The command correctly outputs the console log of the specified job, but then never finishes, it just hangs.

Can anyone confirm that "console" behaves as it should under 2.332.1?

G Dameron

May 3, 2022, 4:27:11 PM5/3/22
to Jenkins Users
Upon further investigation, the culprit turns out to be the sshd plugin, which we upgraded to v3.1.0 at the same time as the core. Downgrading sshd to to 3.0.3 (the detached version in the 2.332.1 war) restores the correct behavior (no hangs). All sshd versions 3.0.4 through 3.228.v4c9f9e652c86 (latest available at this time) exhibit the hang problem. Interestingly, sshd 3.0.4 brought with it an upgrade to SSHD itself (from 1.x to 2.x).

It's an unfortunate loss of functionality, since we cannot remain on sshd 3.0.3. Jenkins developers -- is a Jira ticket warranted for this?

Alex Earl

May 3, 2022, 4:31:16 PM5/3/22
to Jenkins User Mailing List
I am not the developer of the sshd plugin, but I would definitely file a bug.

G Dameron

May 3, 2022, 10:26:12 PM5/3/22
to Jenkins Users
JENKINS-68398 opened. We'll see what happens.