Reverse Proxy Error reading from remote server

Sverre Moe

Jun 14, 2021, 6:11:08 AMJun 14
to Jenkins Users
Recently we have been getting an Proxy Error each time we try to change some configuration in Jenkins.

On Save and Apply, Jenkins gives us the following error:
  Proxy Error
  The proxy server could not handle the request

It happens only on Save/Apply. All other access to Jenkins works fine.

Happens with:
Jenkins LTS 2.277.4 (several plugins not updated)
Jenkins LTS 2.289.1 (all plugins updataed)

The Reverse Proxy configuration:

root@int-rproxy:/etc/apache2/sites-available# cat build-ci.conf
<IfModule mod_ssl.c>
  <VirtualHost _default_:443>
    ServerAdmin webm...@company.com
    Servername build-ci.company.com
    ServerAlias build-ci-adm.company.com
    AllowEncodedSlashes NoDecode
    ErrorLog ${APACHE_LOG_DIR}/build-ci-error.log
    CustomLog ${APACHE_LOG_DIR}/build-ci-access.log combined
    SSLEngine on
    SSLProxyEngine on
    ProxyRequests Off
    ProxyPreserveHost On
    SSLCertificateFile      /etc/ssl/entrust/ServerCertificate.crt
    SSLCertificateKeyFile /etc/ssl/private/comp-rproxy.key
    SSLCertificateChainFile /etc/ssl/entrust/Intermediate.crt
    # Using self-signed certificate on build-ci-app
    SSLProxyCheckPeerName off
    SSLProxyCheckPeerCN off
    SSLProxyVerify none
    BrowserMatch "MSIE [2-6]" \