Jenkins CI CD pipeline for Auto genarate a Single Executable Windows Installaer (Windows .exe file) from a Angular Electron Desktop Application

Pritam Roy

Aug 18, 2022, 9:30:54 AM8/18/22
to Jenkins Users
Hi Guys,

Do you have any idea about How will the Jenkins CI/CD pipeline look like, for Auto genarate a Single Executable Windows Installaer (Windows .exe file) from a Angular Electron Desktop Application?

I've already Done the Build of Electron App from Angular projects in my Jenkins CI/CD. That's fine till now. Now we got our full module in our Jenkins workspace including the Application file of our Application. This is currently used as  Plug& Play mode. But now I've to wrap up these all thing into a Single Installaer file (.exe file) Which users can download and Install the Application to there system.

As of now manually we have done thses thing by help of Third party software in our Windows machine (eg, Inno Setup). But I can't get any clue that how can we automate these thing under our Jenkins CI CD process.

Note. I am using Jenkins Server in Ubuntu Machine.

Any suggeastion regarding this will be Appraciated.

Daniel Beck

Aug 18, 2022, 1:43:39 PM8/18/22
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com
On Thu, Aug 18, 2022 at 3:30 PM Pritam Roy <pritam...@gmail.com> wrote:
As of now manually we have done thses thing by help of Third party software in our Windows machine (eg, Inno Setup). But I can't get any clue that how can we automate these thing under our Jenkins CI CD process.

This process almost always looks like this:
1. Figure out how to automate whatever you're doing in a script.
2. Have Jenkins invoke your script.

In this case, https://jrsoftware.org/ishelp/topic_compilercmdline.htm looks like the relevant documentation.

Note. I am using Jenkins Server in Ubuntu Machine.

https://www.jenkins.io/redirect/distributed-builds/ and https://www.jenkins.io/doc/book/managing/nodes/ explains how to set up distributed builds in Jenkins if you haven't already. You can add a Windows agent to your Linux Jenkins controller, and have Jenkins run batch/powershell scripts there.