How do I make a pipeline not hang when an agent dies?

Ansis Māliņš

Mar 4, 2024, 1:24:17 AMMar 4
to Jenkins Users
Currently, when an agent dies in the middle of building something, the pipeline job in Jenkins hangs forever. How do I make Jenkins fail or abort the job instead? Please do not suggest setting a timeout.

When the hang happens the last message in the log is
Cannot contact oceansong: java.lang.InterruptedException
or
Cannot contact oceansong: hudson.remoting.RequestAbortedException: java.nio.channels.ClosedChannelException

Jenkins version is Jenkins 2.440.1

Viacheslav Dubrovskyi

Mar 4, 2024, 8:36:11 AMMar 4
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com

Hi,

You can use try { ... } catch (error) { ... } and set minimal timeout -Dorg.jenkinsci.plugins.durabletask.BourneShellScript.HEARTBEAT_CHECK_INTERVAL=60 (more details in https://issues.jenkins.io/browse/JENKINS-48300)

04.03.24 07:12, Ansis Māliņš:
WBR,
Viacheslav Dubrovskyi

Ansis Māliņš

Mar 4, 2024, 5:00:24 PMMar 4
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com
I'm calling PowerShell scripts, and looking at the source of durable-task-plugin, it looks like PowershellScript, unlike BourneShellScript, does not implement any heartbeat monitoring. Am I reading it right?

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "Jenkins Users" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/jenkinsci-users/50c7c88f-3675-4e6c-bdd6-07ae9d16939f%40gmail.com.