SSL invalid handshake issue

jesus fernandez

Oct 7, 2021, 7:12:37 AM10/7/21
to Jenkins Users
I am using the P4 plugin for Jenkins, I had this SSL invalid handshake issue before which I sorted by starting jenkins (I am running Jenkins through the war file on Windows 10)  with the following command " java -DsecureSocketEnabledProtocols=TLSv1 -jar jenkins.war" but it does not seem to be working on a new machine I just setup with Jenkins. I remember changing something on the jenkins.xml file, but I think I was using jenkins as a windows service by that time and I am unable to find that file on my whole system.  I am using Jenkins 2.289.2 and P4 plugin 1.11.5. Any hints / help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

James Nord

Oct 8, 2021, 2:57:24 PM10/8/21
to Jenkins Users
Most recent JDK dropped support for TLS  1.1 and below as they are considered insecure.
So it's likely the JDK TLS versions are incompatible with your perforce servers TLS versions.

You could tune the JDK list of disabled TLS versions, or ensure your perforce server uses a secure TLS version.

I would recommend the later and you can find some info on how to do that over at

Regards

/James