Pipeline: Nodes and Processes incompatibility?

Fritz Elfert

Oct 6, 2021, 10:54:26 AM10/6/21
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com

Hi,

I am looking at the Plugin Manager im my jenkins 2.303.1 installation and it
shows this warning for the Pipeline: Nodes and Processes plugin:

Warning: The new version of this plugin is marked as incompatible with the installed version. This is usually the case because its behavior changed, or because it uses a different settings format than the installed version. Jobs using this plugin may need to be reconfigured, and/or you may not be able to cleanly revert to the prior version without manually restoring old settings. Consult the plugin release notes for details.

I currently have 2.39 installed and the warning is for 2.40

Despite looking at the obvious place: (github releases in this case) it is unclear to me, what exactly is incompatible.
Can anybody enlighten me?

Thanks in advance
-Fritz

Björn Pedersen

Oct 6, 2021, 11:00:06 AM10/6/21
to Jenkins Users

Mark Waite

Oct 6, 2021, 11:22:30 AM10/6/21
to Jenkins Users
The GitHub release page for 2.40 has the following text at the very top:

The NODE_NAME environment variable value set for the built-in node inside node blocks now matches the behavior of other job types: On Jenkins 2.306 and earlier, the behavior is unchanged (master). On Jenkins 2.307 and later, the variable will be built-in or master, depending on whether the instance was upgraded from a previous release or newly installed, and whether the migration was applied. See https://www.jenkins.io/redirect/built-in-node-migration/