This node is offline because it uses an old

tzach solomon

Feb 8, 2024, 11:20:16 AMFeb 8
to Jenkins Users
Hi,

I've updated our Jenkins from 2.332.2 to 2.332.3 and now I'm starting to get "This node is offline because it uses an old" messages in our nodes.

How can I know what is the minimum version that my Jenkins needs in order to supply the requirement?

Thanks,
Tzach

tzach solomon

Feb 8, 2024, 3:25:38 PMFeb 8
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com
OK. so my problem was that i did not use the exact build same as the built-in node, meaning, in Jenkins 2.332.3 the built-in version is 4.13 and i've used 4.13.3, thus it showed me "This node is offline because it uses an old" which is misleading..

Tzach

Dirk Heinrichs

Feb 9, 2024, 1:47:29 AMFeb 9
Am Donnerstag, dem 08.02.2024 um 08:20 -0800 schrieb tzach solomon:

"This node is offline because it uses an old"

Old what?

Bye...

Dirk
--
Dirk Heinrichs
Senior Systems Engineer, Delivery Pipeline

Mark Waite

Feb 9, 2024, 5:58:11 AMFeb 9
to Jenkins Users
On Thursday, February 8, 2024 at 11:47:29 PM UTC-7 dheinric wrote:
Am Donnerstag, dem 08.02.2024 um 08:20 -0800 schrieb tzach solomon:

"This node is offline because it uses an old"

Old what?

An old agent.jar (or the deprecated term for agent, in the case of the older plugin version used by Tzach).  That is a message from the Versions Node Monitors plugin.

The plugin provides a configuration option that allows administrators to disconnect agents that use a non-matching version of Jenkins remoting.  However, disconnecting the agent  when a non-matching version of Jenkins remoting is often too aggressive.  Many administrators would rather have the same options provided by the plugin for JVM version.  The JVM version checks in the plugin can disconnect if the JVM major version on the agent is older than the JVM version on the controller (default mode) or if the JVM version on the agent is older than the JVM version on the controller (paranoid mode) or if the JVM version on the agent does not exactly match the JVM version on the controller (paranoid++ mode).

JENKINS-63607 and JENKINS-72688 track the issue.

Mark Waite

tzach solomon

Feb 10, 2024, 1:28:04 PMFeb 10
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Mark :)

1. Yes. I was referring to old slave.jar
2. I now understand it is not related at all to my upgrade but more to me coupling the upgrade and installing version column plugin together.
3. I completely agree those 2 tickets should resolve the issue.

Thanks.
Tzach