Mar 15, 2013, 6:45:47 AM3/15/13
I'll start with my questions:
* Should I run Jenkins on Windows with the included JRE (currentl
1.6_26) or should I run it with a more recent Java version?
* Should I make sure slaves run within the same java version (or at
least bit-ness)? (Slaves don't have an "integrated" JRE as far as I can
* When (and based on what) is the JRE contained in the Windows installer
updated? (after all, the latest JRE 6 release is Update 43 from 2013-03-04)
I'm currently checking our Jenkins installation to prepare an eventual
update to the newest LTS release.
We're currently running 1.420 from the out-of-the box Windows installer
and we have two additional build nodes.
Please note that we are not doing any Java builds on this CI-server.
Java is only here to run Jenkins.
I have now noticed the following wrt. the used Java versions:
* master runs with the JRE that was included in the Jenkins installer.
* slave1 (1.6.0_21-b07) and slave2 (1.6.0_21-b07) run with the JRE in
the ProgramFiles directory.
I have now installed locally the newest LTS (1.480.3) from the Windows
installer, and it appears that this one contains and uses JRE
1.6.0_26-b03 (which is from 2011-06-07).
This leads me to the questions at the start of this message -> GOTO TOP