Multibranch job export/import

Madhu Muchukota

Jan 11, 2022, 10:59:56 AM1/11/22
to Jenkins Users
Hi Team, I am trying to export and import some of our multibranch pipeline jobs into new Jenkins instance.

Do we have any documentation on this on how to export multibranch pipeline jobs?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Madhu M

Dirk Heinrichs

Jan 12, 2022, 1:53:36 AM1/12/22
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com
Am Dienstag, dem 11.01.2022 um 07:59 -0800 schrieb Madhu Muchukota:

Do we have any documentation on this on how to export multibranch pipeline jobs?

You can export any job's config.xml using the Jenkins CLI (possibly via the built-in SSH server on port 2222), like so:

and re-import like so:

or, w/o storing the config.xml anywhere:

You can get help by issuing a "help" command (ssh ... help).

Alternatively, if you want to keep the history and archived artifacts of your jobs, just rsync the ${JENKINS_HOME}/jobs folder over. Anyway, you might need to create other resources used by your jobs first, like credentials and such. In this case, the Jenkins Configuration as Code plugin should help.

HTH...

Dirk
--
Dirk Heinrichs
Senior Systems Engineer, Delivery Pipeline

M.Madhusudana Reddy

Jan 12, 2022, 8:45:23 AM1/12/22
to Jenkins Users
Thanks Dirk. I will try those steps.