Building Jenkins-plugins failed in maven enforcer plugins

Ahmed Rafiq

Jan 30, 2023, 1:37:45 AM1/30/23
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com
Hello,
trying to update our inhouse Jenkins plugins. But it gets failed from maven-enforcer-plugin at

[ERROR] Rule 1: org.apache.maven.plugins.enforcer.RequireMavenVersion failed with message:
3.8.1 required to no longer download dependencies via HTTP (use HTTPS instead).

In our settings.xml and POM.xml there's no dependencies with HTTP url, therefore quite confused where to solve / debug for this error.

Can anyone give me some ideas?

Thanks.

Ullrich Hafner

Jan 30, 2023, 2:47:10 AM1/30/23
to Jenkins Users
Which maven version are you using? The error message says that you need to use at least Maven 3.8.1.

Thomas Markus

Jan 30, 2023, 4:54:25 AM1/30/23
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com
Hi

Am 30.01.2023 um 07:37 schrieb Ahmed Rafiq <rafi...@gmail.com>:

Hello,
trying to update our inhouse Jenkins plugins. But it gets failed from maven-enforcer-plugin at

[ERROR] Rule 1: org.apache.maven.plugins.enforcer.RequireMavenVersion failed with message:
3.8.1 required to no longer download dependencies via HTTP (use HTTPS instead).

In our settings.xml and POM.xml there's no dependencies with HTTP url, therefore quite confused where to solve / debug for this error.

Can anyone give me some ideas?

Thanks.
Any dependency or plugin can define its own repositories for its dependencies/plugins. I assume any of them has defined such an url.
Check your build log for more details

best regards
Thomas

OpenPGP_0x9794716335E9B5AF.asc