Alternative for Multiple SCM plugin

已查看 350 次
跳至第一个未读帖子

Adharsha sri

未读,
2022年4月14日 09:38:122022/4/14
收件人 jenkins...@googlegroups.com
Hi Team,
Is there  any alternative plugin for Multiple SCM plugin to checkout multiple git repos in jenkins freestyle.

Adharsha sri

未读,
2022年4月18日 00:43:102022/4/18
收件人 jenkins...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
Can anyone please suggest the alternative for multiple SCM plugin.

John Patrick

未读,
2022年4月18日 05:21:092022/4/18
收件人 jenkins...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
So using scripted Jenkinsfile. I've setup projects where it loads a file, and checks out those repositories dependencies, if they have a matching branch name then it builds them. The Jenkinsfile is used for "multibranchPipelineJob", then other jenkins jobs for develop and release use "pipelineJob", plus some environment variables so release knows it does the release stage.

String prerequisiteProjectName = 'parent-project-example'
String prerequisiteDir = env.WORKSPACE + '/prerequisite/' + prerequisiteProjectName
dir(prerequisiteDir) {
  try {
    git branch: env.BRANCH_NAME,
    url: scmUrlPull,
    credentialsId: env.SCM_CREDENTIALS_ID,
    changelog: false
  } catch (ex) {
    deleteDir()
  }
}

But regarding your original question, about freestyle and multiple scm, then I only use freestyle to execute groovy to create/maintain all the other jobs/views.

John

Adharsha sri

未读,
2022年4月19日 11:19:002022/4/19
收件人 jenkins...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
Thanks for the reply.
Having 100's of pipeline projects in Jenkins may lead to performance and disk space issues on Jenkins controller right. Correct me if I am wrong.

Mark Waite

未读,
2022年4月19日 11:58:032022/4/19
收件人 Jenkins Users
On Tuesday, April 19, 2022 at 9:19:00 AM UTC-6 adharsh wrote:
Hi,
Thanks for the reply.
Having 100's of pipeline projects in Jenkins may lead to performance and disk space issues on Jenkins controller right. Correct me if I am wrong.

I run thousands of Pipeline projects on my Jenkins and have not see performance issues.  Jobs do use disc space, but that happens whether they are Pipeline or Freestyle.  It is a mistake to avoid Pipeline jobs because you're worried about performance and disk space issues with hundreds of jobs.
回复全部
回复作者
转发
0 个新帖子