jcasc

vla...@gmail.com

Sep 14, 2022, 3:47:34 AM9/14/22
to Jenkins Users
Hello,

From an existing jenkins that we want to reproduce (nearly the same), is it possible to create a Jcasc Script?

Thanks in advance,
Christine

Dirk Heinrichs

Sep 14, 2022, 8:43:07 AM9/14/22
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com
Am Mittwoch, dem 14.09.2022 um 00:47 -0700 schrieb vla...@gmail.com:

From an existing jenkins that we want to reproduce (nearly the same), is it possible to create a Jcasc Script?

Just click on "View existing configuration", copy/paste it and modify as needed. Keep in mind that the other Jenkins wont be able to decrypt the credentials, so it's best to move them to an external source like Hashicorp Vault (-> Hashicorp Vault Plugin) to keep them out of the JCasC file(s).

HTH...

Dirk
--
Dirk Heinrichs
Senior Systems Engineer, Delivery Pipeline

vla...@gmail.com

Sep 14, 2022, 10:53:04 AM9/14/22
to Jenkins Users
thanks, but in which menu do I find 'view configuration'?
Thanks
Christine

leroy bouche

Sep 16, 2022, 10:40:03 AM9/16/22
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com
Bonjour,

I understand that your answer is for a jenkins server configured with jcasc.
But I wanted to know, if there is a way from a Jenkins installed manually to create a jcasc conf file to reproduce it easily ?

Thanks in advance,
Christine

Arnaud bourree

Sep 16, 2022, 11:43:32 AM9/16/22
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

With jcasc plugin installed you view your config as demonstrated in jcasc project page.

Arnaud

Dirk Heinrichs

Sep 19, 2022, 1:32:27 AM9/19/22
Am Mittwoch, dem 14.09.2022 um 07:53 -0700 schrieb vla...@gmail.com:

but in which menu do I find 'view configuration'?

Sorry, I thought you've at least read the documentation. My fault.

Anyway, it says:

"If set up correctly, you should be able to browse the Configuration as Code page Manage Jenkins -> Configuration as Code."