Multibranch pipeline global build number

kubet...@gmail.com

May 24, 2017, 11:34:36 AM5/24/17
to Jenkins Users
Each branch built starts with build #1 which doesn't help when you're building docker images based upon your version e.g. 1.0.1-build_number...

develop branch could be 1.0.1-1
and release branch could also be 1.0.1-1

Is there any way to have globally incremental build numbers using the multibranch pipeline?

Thanks

Matt

Jan 24, 2018, 7:23:27 AM1/24/18
to Jenkins Users
Hi Kubet, did you find a solution to this issue? We also have this problem which could be quite dangerous...

Daniel Beck

Jan 24, 2018, 7:40:07 AM1/24/18
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com

> On 24. Jan 2018, at 13:21, Matt <matt...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> We also have this problem which could be quite dangerous...

Include the branch name and/or PR number in the version number string; perhaps unless it's master (or whatever you usually release from).

Safe and unambiguous.

Victor Martinez

Jan 24, 2018, 7:47:19 AM1/24/18
to Jenkins Users
I don't know if IIUC, but here my quick though, what if you set the build name with those details as explained here: