Pending script approvals - Jenkins

M.Madhusudana Reddy

Dec 8, 2022, 9:32:38 PM12/8/22
to Jenkins Users
Hi Team,

I installed Jenkins on a new machine and would like to know if there is any easy way of adding signatures under the approved list instead of approving each one after my builds fail?

I have the list from my old machine and would like to know if I can add all those signatures directly under the approved list.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
M.Madhu

Dirk Heinrichs

Dec 9, 2022, 1:41:02 AM12/9/22
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com
Am Donnerstag, dem 08.12.2022 um 20:31 -0600 schrieb M.Madhusudana Reddy:

I have the list from my old machine and would like to know if I can add all those signatures directly under the approved list.

Yes, this is possible. You can either use the "Jenkins Configuration as Code" (JCasC) plugin to export/import or just copy/paste (parts of) your configuration from your old machine to the new one in form of YAML files, or simply copy the $JENKINS_HOME/scriptApproval.xml file over.

Third alternative would be the "Permissive Script Security" plugin.

HTH...

Dirk
--
Dirk Heinrichs
Senior Systems Engineer, Delivery Pipeline

M.Madhusudana Reddy

Dec 9, 2022, 10:14:24 AM12/9/22
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com
Got it. Thanks Dirk.