Prioritize locking of running jobs

Fabian Cenedese

Jan 26, 2023, 5:42:26 AM1/26/23
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com
Hello

We use the lockable resources plugin to manage access to
scarce resources (which works fine). When there are several
jobs running, each one locking and unlocking the resource
multiple times then it happens that all the jobs get a slice
of the resource before another job uses it again, probably
in the order of the locking requests.
Is it possible to prioritize jobs in locking based on something
else than the lock order? Is it possible to use the job start
time so the longest running jobs get priority over new jobs,
even if they release the lock intermittently?

If this is not possible then I probably need to adjust the
jobs to not release the lock in between even if it's not used
for some time.

Thanks

bye Fabi