Websocket support

Carlos Sanchez

Apr 3, 2024, 2:45:05 PMApr 3
to Jenkins Users
Hi,

Trying to use websockets with the Kubernetes plugin I get "WebSocket support is not enabled in this Jenkins installation"
I couldn't find much documentation but looking through the code [1] I assume this is only supported in jetty10 and app server support is needed?

Thanks

Mark Waite

Apr 3, 2024, 4:15:33 PMApr 3
to Jenkins Users
Websocket support works with the Jetty 10 that is bundled inside Jenkins.  It does not work with other containers (like Tomcat or WildFly).  The "Other Servelt Containers" page says:

In particular, support for WebSocket agents is only implemented for the Jetty servlet container.

Mark Waite

Carlos Sanchez

Apr 4, 2024, 5:00:09 AMApr 4
to Jenkins Users