Raspberry PI as node

Anders Persson

Jan 28, 2014, 1:29:44 PM1/28/14
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com
Hi

I have configured my Raspberry PI as a buld node in my jenkins environment. THe master then reports that Raspberry PI node has 0MB "Free Swap SPace" and only 0.241 GB "Free Temp Space" and removes the node. It also reports 12GB of free disk space.

Is it something I can do at my Raspberry PI to increse these values?

Regards

Anders

Mark Waite

Jan 28, 2014, 7:33:16 PM1/28/14
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com
My Raspberry Pi is configured as a build node and stays online all the time. It currently reports 100 MB free swap space, 9 GB free disc space, and 9 GB free temp space.  You may need to increase the size of the flash drive you're using with your Raspberry Pi to resolve the free disc space and free temp space issue.

I don't know how to increase the free swap space, though I suspect that will likely also involve allocating more space on a larger flash drive.  You may need to check with users in a Raspberry Pi forum for more hints on configuring swap space on the Pi.

Mark Waite

Thanks!
Mark Waite

Fred G

Jan 29, 2014, 6:22:11 AM1/29/14
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com
You can configure the threshold for "Free Temp Space"  under Manage Jenkins -> Manage Nodes -> Configure.
I'm not sure what the minimum threshold for swap space is.

Swap space on the Raspberry Pi seems to be a controversial topic:
http://raspberrypi.stackexchange.com/questions/70/how-to-set-up-swap-space

Regards,

Fred

Anders Persson

Jan 30, 2014, 2:48:08 PM1/30/14
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com
Hi

I have decided to avoid using the Raspberry PI as a Jenkins node. Instead I just move files to it from an Ubuntu server with jenkins and execute the test cases via ssh.

Thanks for your answers

Regards

Anders