JAM Canary Islands

1 view

Romen Rodriguez-Gil

Sep 9, 2019, 4:37:48 AM9/9/19
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com, Romén Rodríguez-Gil
Hi!

For a while I've been willing to start a JAM in the Canary Islands (where I live), and I've decided to start moving this by sending this email. I'm also CC'ing my non-Cloudbees email, since this is an initiative I'm leading mostly as an individual.

Regarding the location... Most Meetup groups here use "Canary Islands" as the "place" rather than picking one of the cities, and change location within the island as needed. Since I live in Tenerife, most meetups will be hosted here (between La Laguna and Santa Cruz de Tenerife; the two major cities), but I will also try to host a few in Las Palmas de Gran Canaria, the other big city, in the neighbor island.

Also, I would love to have a "Canary Islands Jenkins Logo". Not sure who should I contact for that. I have a few ideas ranging from using "the Teide" (the highest point in Spain) as a background; elements such as typical food (e.g. "papas arrugadas" or "gofio"), or a "timple" (a small instrument, kind of a small guitar); other things such as adding a canary (the bird, named after the islands); or Jenkins himself wearing a traditional costume ("traje de mago")... Or something related to the sea... Will need to discuss it :).

Looking forward to hear about next steps.

Cheers,
Romén
--
Romén Rodríguez-Gil
Training Engineer

CloudBees-Logo.png

Use this code during DW|JW registration to get 20% discount: CBTC20

Alyssa Tong

Sep 9, 2019, 7:34:07 PM9/9/19
to Romen Rodriguez-Gil, Tracy Miranda, Jenkins Area Meetup Coordination, Romén Rodríguez-Gil
Hi Romen,

Thank you for reaching out. As you know, the Jenkins project is now under CDF, it is very likely Jenkins Area Meetups will transition to CDF which means that the meetup groups will expand to include other projects: Jenkins X, Tekton, Jenkins, etc. Would you still be interested in being the organizer knowing this to be the direction?

CDF has established github page w/ guidelines for meetup groups.  @Tracy Miranda pls share the link to that page?

thnx
alyssa