Seeking help for contributions and joining open-source community

Vaibhav Malik

Oct 12, 2021, 3:26:57 PM10/12/21
to jenkinsci-gs...@googlegroups.com
Hey!

I am an electrical engineering student. I came across the Jenkins a few months back and I want to contribute to improving the existing open-source projects and be part of the community.

I would appreciate it if someone could help me set up and guide me about what should I learn to get started.

Could someone help me out?

Mark Waite

Oct 12, 2021, 3:38:32 PM10/12/21
to jenkinsci-gsoc-all-public
There are many resources available where you can contribute.  See https://www.jenkins.io/participate/ for many different topic areas of ways that you can contribute in general.

If you'd like to participate in Hacktoberfest, see https://www.jenkins.io/events/hacktoberfest/

If you prefer a video introduction to contributing to Hacktoberfest, see https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NU2g373wHNo for the recording of the Hacktoberfest launch.  See the slides from the Hacktoberfest launch session https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/16P07p6GpfXdvuunrhVgJeIUxLqijMGMKNkij1c4PsuA/edit?usp=sharing

Mark Waite