Webinar on contributing to Jenkins project

Abhishek Kumar

Mar 9, 2021, 2:43:33 AM3/9/21
to jenkinsci-gs...@googlegroups.com
Hi there!

I hope you are doing well. My name is Abhishek, a junior from India and I am an Open Source enthusiast. Open Source culture has grown a lot over the past few years among students, especially due to programs like Google Summer of Code, Outreachy, etc.

We’re a team of past Google Summer of Code Mentors, Org Admins, & Students who believe that Open Source is for everyone and students should contribute irrespective of whether they are selected for these programs or not. Keeping that in mind, we’re starting a Spring of Code Program to encourage open source contributions among students.

We have received over 1000+ registrations so far in just under a day of opening up the forms to the students!
It’s a 4 week-long series of webinars aimed to introduce students to projects, interact with maintainers, share with them the benefits of contributing along with some best practices. We have a community of over 5000 students & more than 40,000 subscribers on YouTube (https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLyzHIYrZBplqNpKF6R3Y7JUM-iBEGbj0t).

This is to request you to take part in the program on behalf of your organisation to share with students how they can contribute to your projects via a live stream QnA session.

The agenda is going to be somewhat like this:
* Introduction
* About the organisation & Projects
* Tech Stack Used in Projects
* Demo if applicable
* How can beginners get started with contributing
* Resources
* QnA

If you are interested, please book a time slot that works for you here: https://calendly.com/kunal_kushwaha/spring-of-code-session
We sincerely hope you consider this invitation in helping the Open Source community grow. Looking forward to it!

Best,
Spring of Code Team

image.png

Oleg Nenashev

Mar 9, 2021, 2:55:33 AM3/9/21
to Abhishek Kumar, jenkinsci-gsoc-all-public
Hi Abhishek,

Thanks for reaching out! I will definitely join to present Jenkins and other Continuous Delivery Foundation projects.

Each project gets a.1 hour slit, right?

Best regards,
Oleg Nenashev

Oleg Nenashev

Mar 16, 2021, 10:53:17 AM3/16/21
to Abhishek Kumar, jenkinsci-gsoc-all-public
Hi all Jenkins GSoC participants

So we have multiple contributors interested in presenting.
If you want to participate in the webinar and to present your projects there, please vote there.

We can also host a Jenkins Online Meetup in another timezone if anyone is interested

Best regards,
Oleg

On Tue, Mar 9, 2021 at 10:49 AM Abhishek Kumar <abhishe...@codeforcause.org> wrote:
Thanks for showing your interest and such a positive follow up Oleg!

The duration of the webinar can go from 40Min to 1Hr.
Please find a time slot that works for you here for the quick discussion on how the webinar will go, he is kunal and he will be resolving all your doubts regarding webinar, project and anything else: https://calendly.com/kunal_kushwaha/15min

Really looking forward to it.

Thanks,
Abhishek

Oleg Nenashev

Mar 18, 2021, 12:13:56 PM3/18/21
to Abhishek Kumar, jenkinsci-gsoc-all-public
Hi all,

Mar 24, 1PM UTC is a winner.
Abhishek, please let me know if you need an abstract or anything else. I will get it prepared shortly.
We will also promote the event through the Jenkins community channels.

Best regards,
Oleg

Oleg Nenashev

Mar 25, 2021, 6:57:10 AM3/25/21
to jenkinsci-gsoc-all-public
Yesterday we had a quite successful session about contributing to Jenkins at the "Code for Cause" online meetup, together with Mark Waite and Shivay Lamba. We had ~150 participants in the broadcast, and there have been almost 2000 views over the past 20 hours. There is a short overview of GSoC in the end of the video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ivMBMuZXdBA

Thanks to Abhishek for inviting us and to Kunal for hosting the meetup!