First time to OPEN SOURCE

Prathmesh Adsod

Nov 4, 2022, 10:42:56 AM11/4/22
to jenkinsci-gsoc-all-public
Hi ,
I am Prathmesh , I am new to Open Source . I do Data Structures and Algorithms in JAVA programming language . During one Internship I have worked on Amazon Web Services . I have also worked on Android and Web as well . I have passion in Technology and Coding .
I have used Open Source software a lot and now want to contribute back from now-onwards.

I will try for GSOC 2023 for the first time .I am new to Open Source contribution so need help from mentors/maintainers/contributors like how to start contributions , from which issues to start etc.

Thanks

Kris Stern

Nov 4, 2022, 2:18:44 PM11/4/22
to Prathmesh Adsod, jenkinsci-gsoc-all-public
Hi Prathmesh,

Welcome to the Jenkins community!

To begin your application process, it would be good to start contributing by means of meaningful pull requests to Jenkins to build up your portfolio, which you can use in your GSoC application (to be opened early next year). The best guide you can use is the https://www.jenkins.io/ website. We have a Contributor Guide at https://www.jenkins.io/participate/ which will be particularly relevant to you. If you have any coding questions you would like to ask during this period leading up to the commencement of the GSoC application period, you can direct these to our Gitter channel dedicated to GSoC, or to any relevant Jenkins channels there. For more info on GSoC per se, please use https://www.jenkins.io/projects/gsoc/ as a reference. if you have any further questions please let us know.

Cheers,
Kris Stern

Nov 5, 2022, 1:04:44 AM11/5/22
to Kris Stern, jenkinsci-gsoc-all-public
Thank you for the information sir .