Open source contribution

Chaitanya

Dec 31, 2022, 4:54:29 AM12/31/22
to jenkinsci-gsoc-all-public
Hi, I'm Chaitanya. I wish to contribute to your organization. I have an interest in DevOps-related technologies. I'm looking forward to contributing, Just I want to know where to start.

Kris Stern

Jan 2, 2023, 6:41:28 AM1/2/23
to Chaitanya, jenkinsci-gsoc-all-public
Hi Chaitanya,

I am one of the Org Admins for GSoC 2023. Welcome to the Jenkins community!

I think for this kind of communication it is best to use our Gitter channel dedicated for this purpose, which can be accessed via https://gitter.im/jenkinsci/gsoc-sig.

For a start I would recommend going through the doc we have prepared for Hactoberfest 2022 to get some ideas about the Jenkins ecosystem: https://www.jenkins.io/events/hacktoberfest/. You can start by submitting pull requests to issues that are relevant to the GSoC project idea that interests you ideally, and our GSoC project ideas for 2023 can be found at https://www.jenkins.io/projects/gsoc/2023/project-ideas/.

For a more general starter specifically geared towards GSoC 2023, please check out our page at https://www.jenkins.io/projects/gsoc/

As the official application from will not be open until March 2023, you will have about three months time to prepare for your supporting material. It is highly recommended to have submitted at least one or two pull requests to bolster your case, which will factor in during the selection process.

Looking forward to seeing your contributions soon! Hopefully I will see you at the Gitter channel soon.

Best,
Kris Stern