Google Summer of Code (GSoC) 2022: Call for organizers, mentors, and project ideas

Alyssa Tong

Dec 14, 2021, 8:23:24 PM12/14/21
to Jenkins Dev, jenkinsci-gs...@googlegroups.com

Hi All,

I have started this thread on HERE  but thought i'd post it here as well.

Much like the past 5 years, we are planning to participate in GSoC 2022.

About GSoC:

GSoC is a mentorship program focused on welcoming new contributors into the community and helping them learn best practices that will help them be long term OSS contributors.

GSoC is an annual, global program that has been for college students. In 2022 GSoC is expanding its program to encourage all newcomers of open source that are 18 years and older. The program will no longer be solely focused on university students or recent graduates.

Important dates:

  • Project application registration opens in February 2022
  • Registration for GSoC contributors opens in April 2022. See eligibility here 2

2022 will be the sixth year the Jenkins project participates in GSoC. As we prepare for this program, we are looking for volunteers in the following areas:

  • Organization administrators (Org admins): This role is to make sure the Project Ideas list is solid. Org admins are the final authority about matters such as which GSoC contributor projects will be accepted, who will mentor whom, and what the end date will be for a coding project.

  • Topics & Mentors: Here’s how to submit project ideas

If you have any questions, or want to get involved, there is a Gitter channel and a dedicated mailing list. Please join the Jenkins GSoC mailing list if you would like to be kept up to date on GSoC information.

Lastly, Oleg Nenashev, the driver of Jenkins GSoC for the past years, will be hosting a walk thru of GSoC best practices. This would be great if you’re thinking about joining me as an org admin. More to come on this soon.

BR,
alyssa