GSoC 2021 - Projects are announced!

Oleg Nenashev

May 17, 2021, 2:18:27 PM5/17/21
to jenkinsci-gsoc-all-public
Dear all,

The GSoC 2021 projects have been announced by Google: https://summerofcode.withgoogle.com/organizations/5542063241691136/#projects. On behalf of the CDF GSoC org team, we would like to thank all students who have applied to our organization this year! We appreciate all your effort, regardless of the acceptance decision. We also thank all potential mentors who worked on project ideas, worked with students during the application phase, and joined us during the proposal reviews.

This year we received dozens of great applications, but unfortunately we were unable to accept all of them. Our decisions are based on absolute and relative ranking of your proposal, number of project slots we received from Google and ability to form mentoring teams. This decision  If your application has not been accepted, please wait for the individual feedback. We will send it within 24 hours. We invite everybody to keep participating in the CDF project and to consider Google Summer of Code next year. We also organize other outreach programs in the CDF and Jenkins, and you are welcome to participate!

On behalf of the CDF GSoC Team, congrats to all accepted projects:

  • Shruti Chaturvedi, CloudEvents Plugin for Jenkins: Consume and Emit CloudEvents
  • Harshit Chopra, Git credentials binding for sh, bat, and powershell
  • Akihrio Kiuchi, Jenkins Remoting Monitoring
  • Pulkit Sharma, Security Validator for Jenkins Kubernetes Operator
  • Aditya Srivastava, Semantic Versioning Plugin for Jenkins
  • Daniel Ko, try.spinnaker.io

Regarding plans for the next week:

  • Students whose applications were rejected should receive feedback from org admins within the next 24 hours
  • You should receive communications from your mentors about scheduling the first project meeting, communication channels and the next steps. If you do not receive such message by May 21, please contact GSoC org admins
  • The next Jenkins GSoC office hours meeting on Wednesday WILL happen (May 19, 2PM UTC). We will discuss the community bonding phase and logistics for the GSoC projects. We will not be talking about project selection decisions there beyond basic Q&A.
  • For Jenkins students: In the next few days we will publish initial project pages https://www.jenkins.io/projects/gsoc/. Here is your first task: please create your contributor profile pages as documented here. We will use these profiles in the next steps.

If you have any questions about next steps, please ask in the Jenkins GSoC Gitter chat, in the #GSoC channel in the CDF Slack workspace, or in the mailing list. For acceptance decision feedback, please contact org admins or wait for the feedback emails.

Have a great summer,
CDF GSoC org team