[GSOC 2021] Regarding Project " Security validator for Jenkins Kubernetes Operator"

PS

Feb 28, 2021, 2:03:15 PM2/28/21
to jenkinsci-gsoc-all-public

Hi everyone, I am Pulkit Sharma, an undergrad student of IIT (BHU), Varanasi, India. I went through the GSOC 2021 projects page on the Jenkins website, and this one project of adding a "Security validator for Jenkins Kubernetes Operator" piqued my interest. I have read the problem statement and started to work on it. I was wondering if we can also implement the compatibility check in the validation webhook. I found this issue while browsing through the operator's Github repo. We can check if the Jenkins core's current version meets the Required Jenkins core version of the given plugin, which we can get through the Jenkins Plugin REST API. If it doesn't, we can take the necessary steps further.
Thanks in advance.