[GSOC 2021 PROJECT IDEA] Automatic Semantic Versioning

Gareth Evans

Mar 10, 2021, 5:01:17 AM3/10/21
to jenkinsci-gsoc-all-public
Hi all,

Sorry this may be a bit late but I kept getting sidetracked when writing it up! I've pushed up a PR (https://github.com/jenkins-infra/jenkins.io/pull/4162) about an idea to create a plugin to automatically determine the "next" version, based on conventional commit messages.

Jenkins X already contains an implementation of this logic in the `jx-release-version` plugin, but this is a binary that is difficult to integrate into existing pipelines.

Would appreciate any feedback you might have.

Thanks,

Gareth

kdela...@cloudbees.com

Mar 10, 2021, 8:42:51 AM3/10/21
to jenkinsci-gsoc-all-public
Hi Gareth,

This looks like a very interesting GSoC project idea! Thank you for your proposal.

Hopefully, we'll get that merged in soon. :)

Best wishes,
Kara