Adding Upgrade instructions for Jenkins

Kevin Martens

Apr 12, 2022, 10:21:12 AM4/12/22
to Jenkins Documentation
Hello team,

I wanted to check in and see what folks might think about adding a page/section for info on Upgrading Jenkins safely.

I'm working on the Jenkins documentation with Mark Waite, and while going through with the purpose of adding videos from the Jenkins Tutorials playlist, I found that there was no existing link for this process (https://youtu.be/fEO7dOxHvgU).

While there are pages for the upgrades themselves, such as the LTS page and other articles mentioning upgrades, there is not necessarily information on how to perform the upgrades themselves/in a general sense. With future goals in mind, such as making sure users upgrade from Java 8 to Java 11, having this guide/these instructions would be of great value.

Let me know when you've had a chance to review, and what feedback or insight you might be able to share in this regard.

Thanks so much and take care

Mark Waite

May 28, 2022, 10:38:38 PM5/28/22
to Jenkins Documentation
Sahitya Gupta asked to be assigned the ticket on jenkins.io that proposes to add upgrade instructions to the Jenkins documentation.  I think it makes a lot of sense to have upgrade instructions.

I've not seen any indication that Sahitya has started on the upgrade instructions.