How to upgrade Jenkins version when deployed to Kubernetes

Frederick Brier

Feb 7, 2022, 10:15:12 PM2/7/22
to Jenkins Documentation
I installed Jenkins on a bare metal MicroK8s node. In attempting to set up a webhook with gitea, the Credential "Add" button only shows Jenkins (as in the type of supported credentials being username and password), but does not show an option for Personal Token. So I upgraded the Helm Chart. That did not change the Jenkins version. My current Jenkins version is 2.289.1, but the Manage Jenkins page warns me that 2.319.2 is available. Next, I edited the pod:

kubectl edit pod jenkins-0

replacing the first two instances of 2.289.1-jdk11 with 2.319.2-jdk11 in specifying the image. However, after deleting the current pod and letting it rebuild itself, the web page (bottom right) still shows the old version and the vulnerability warnings are still shown. How do I upgrade Jenkins to the new version? I am obviously missing something. Thank you.

Mark Waite

Feb 7, 2022, 10:18:38 PM2/7/22
to Jenkins Documentation
This mailing list is used to discuss Jenkins documentation.  It has far fewer readers than the Jenkins community forum, the Jenkins Gitter chat channel, or the Jenkins users mailing list.  Specific technical questions are more likely to be answered in one of those locations than in the Jenkins documentation mailing list.