apt jenkins.sources file

Scott Hendrickson

Oct 16, 2022, 10:38:11 PM10/16/22
to Jenkins Documentation
Hi,

I'm trying to move away from apt *.list files towards the new *.sources file. The main reason being that you can include the key in the file so it is all self contained and scoped.

See below for a copy/paste command to create the jenkins.sources file with signing. However, I'm having a hard time parsing "deb [signed-by=/usr/share/keyrings/jenkins-keyring.asc] https://pkg.jenkins.io/debian-stable binary/" from the *.list file into the correct "URIs:", "Suites:", and "Components:" entries.

Normally, they'd be something like "https://pkg.jenkins.io", "jammy", and "non-free", respectively, or something similar. My guess would be that I could find out if I knew the actual URL to the *.deb file. Can anyone provide that?

Thank you,
-- Scott

I use the following script to create the jenkins.sources file:

DEB_FILE=/etc/apt/sources.list.d/jenkins.sources
cat <<EOF >"${DEB_FILE}"
Enabled: yes
Types: deb
Suites: stable
Components: binary/
Signed-By:
$(wget -qO - https://pkg.jenkins.io/debian-stable/jenkins.io.key | sed -r 's/^$/./' | sed -e 's/^/ /')
EOF
chmod a+r "${DEB_FILE}"

It creates the following file:

 8kuo/O8y50Xyw9UFAl6B77kCGwwFCQWjmoAACgkQ/O8y50Xyw9XGGxAAhcLj80iM