Trademark usage approval request: "Jenkins RU" and "Дженкинс РУ"

Oleg Nenashev

Mar 23, 2020, 7:55:35 AM3/23/20
to JenkinsCI Developers
Dear all,

As you probably know, I lead the Russian-speaking Jenkins community (AKA Jenkins RU). is a great source of technical and content contributions to the Jenkins project. The community includes a number of meetups in Russia and Belarus focusing on Jenkins and Jenkins X, and localized social media and communication channels. There are more details and links in the bottom.

Currently I am working with other activists in order to expand the community activities and onboarding more community maintainers. There are several people interested in being co-organizers of events and/or content managers. There are some items on the table including online meetups, moving to another meetup platform, creating a localized website and getting local sponsorship by companies using Jenkins and providing commercial support for it.

Before doing the next steps, I would like to ensure that "Jenkins RU" and "Дженкинс РУ" (transliterated version) are approved for being used for non-commercial purpose. Explicit approval would be useful to protect the community from various kinds of cybersquatting and trademark disputes, so I kindly ask the Jenkins community to approve it. There is no company name associated with my request, so I am ready to just put my name or a list of contributors into the "Company Name" field in the Approved Trademark usage table.

If the request is approved, I also will move this table to jenkins.io as a part of the request implementation.

Thanks for your feedback,
Oleg

Current state of the Russian-speaking community:
  • Nowadays there are 4 active Russian-speaking JAMs (St. Petersburg, Moscow, Minsk, Nizhny Novgorod), ~2500 participants in total.  Yaroslavl JAM has just left the JAM program after the meetup deletion issues this winter
  • We have active channels in Gitter and Telegram (500+ participants)
  • We have a YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/jenkinsru (400 subscribers)
  • We have a Twitter channel: https://twitter.com/jenkins_ru (250 followers)
  • There is a discussion about starting a podcast and, maybe, online meetup (so that we can work with people living with other countries)

Marky Jackson

Mar 23, 2020, 9:04:29 AM3/23/20
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com
+1 from me