Editing a GitHub PR description triggers a new build in ci.jenkins.io

Victor Martinez

Jun 24, 2021, 5:02:14 AM6/24/21
to Jenkins Developers

I started to see recently that editing a GitHub PR title triggers a build in the CI even for the same commit that was built previously. I initially though it could be some misconfiguration in my company's CI, but then I've found the same behaviour in ci.jenkins.io.

Just wanted to give some heads up in case there is something to be done to mitigate the number of builds that could potentially get triggered only by changing their description, and therefore could somehow increase the cost of the infrastructure.

Please forgive me if this is not the right place to comment this kind of issues

Cheers