Plugin Adoption Request: publish-over-ssh-plugin

Gavin McDonald

Jan 22, 2022, 1:07:52 PM1/22/22
to Jenkins Developers
Hi All,

I'd like to become maintainer of the publish-over -ssh-plugin.
This would be my first plugin adoption.

Plugin is up for adoption
There are currently no developers listed (so nobody to ping?)
Jenkins ID: gmcdonald

Let me know what else you need.

Thanks!

Gav...

Slide

Jan 24, 2022, 9:16:23 AM1/24/22
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com
I used to be the developer for this plugin, it would be good to have someone take this over, so a huge +1 from me.

Jean-Marc Meessen

Jan 24, 2022, 3:12:05 PM1/24/22
to Jenkins Developers
Hello Gavin,

Thank you very much for stepping in to adopt this plugin (your first). Let us know if you bump into difficulties.

I wish you success in fixing the security issues quickly.

/- Jmm

Ioannis Moutsatsos

Jan 24, 2022, 9:41:21 PM1/24/22
to Jenkins Developers
I have been using this plugin for several years and I was really disappointed to see that is no longer distributed due to the security issues.
Good luck working with the security semi-gods of Jenkins ;-)

Akshay Rathi

Jan 25, 2022, 3:31:52 AM1/25/22
to Jenkins Developers

how to use this plugin now ? because i have made a project on which i have used this plugin and because of the suspended of this plugin i am not able to run my project.

Jean-Marc Meessen

Jan 25, 2022, 5:27:21 AM1/25/22
to Jenkins Developers
Well Akshay, it depends how desperate you are. 😉

It can range from sending Gavin pizzas or chocolates to support him in his adoption/improvement effort,  to forking the plugin repository and compiling your own plugin (and accepting the security risk). When compiling your own, just upload the ad-hoc HPI to your controller.
And if you are ready to invest some time, help Gavin by submitting corrective Pull Requests.

/- Jmm

Gavin McDonald

Jan 25, 2022, 9:21:51 AM1/25/22
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com
Hi All,

It is likely to be a few days whilst I navigate the code and the Infra and processes involved in doing a new release.
But I am working on it :)

Gav...
Gav...