Restart ci.jenkins.io Run

Bryan Stopp

Jun 5, 2021, 11:22:37 PM6/5/21
to Jenkins Developers

How does one restart a build on the Jenkins CI system? I have been getting failures due to the build being unable to download artifacts from the Jenkins repo.

Specifically one of my CD release builds failed this way and i have no idea how to boot it again without doing another push to the main branch.

Thanks again everyone!

-Stopp

Tim Jacomb

Jun 6, 2021, 2:20:42 AM6/6/21
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com
From the GitHub repo click on the x next to the commit, then click on Jenkins.

That will take you to the GitHub checks page
People with write access can click re-run from there

Bryan Stopp

Jun 6, 2021, 10:56:04 AM6/6/21
to Jenkins Developers
Tried this. There is no re-run option on for me on the failed Continuous Delivery job. And it is only showing the CD Jenkins job. Not the  post-master merge build which is required to pass for the CD Workflow to perform its release.

I can re-run PR Merge checks. But not the post-PR merge build.

-Stopp

Tim Jacomb

Jun 6, 2021, 12:43:12 PM6/6/21
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com
There’s a button on the actions page once you click on CD for re-run all jobs

Bryan Stopp

Jun 9, 2021, 12:51:21 PM6/9/21
to Jenkins Developers
I'm still not seeing what you are seeing.

Yes, if i look at a failed PR run I see that i can re-run that job.

But if i click on the X next to my master commit, click on the Details for any step in the run, it takes me to the Run page. But on the left all that is listed are a bunch of "cd on: check_run" builds, which are successful. I am not able to navigate from that page to anywhere that allows me to Re-run the Jenkins CI that failed.

If i go to the Actions page directly, the only workflows that are listed are the CD configured ones. Nothing about the Jenkins CI builds.

(This wouldn't be much of an issue if my builds didn't constantly fail due to the CI server not being able to download dependencies)

-Stopp

Tim Jacomb

Jun 10, 2021, 3:41:42 PM6/10/21
to Jenkins Developers
You should be able to run it from the page for the master build =/

This is what I see on a plugin I have with CD enabled:

image.png

Tim Jacomb

Jun 10, 2021, 3:51:01 PM6/10/21
to Jenkins Developers
Right I see, there's so many check_run events GitHub hides the ci.jenkins.io check in the UI:

not sure... :(

Bryan Stopp

Jun 10, 2021, 8:16:38 PM6/10/21
to Jenkins Developers
Yeah - basically i have to monitor the runs on a merge to main because if i don't and it fails, i can't re-run. Which defeats the whole idea of CD :(

Hopefully the network issues are resolved now and the errors my builds were experiencing won't happen anymore.

-Stopp

Tim Jacomb

Jun 11, 2021, 1:59:09 AM6/11/21
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com
I had to re run a build for the dependency issue just before I replied to you last night…

I haven’t seen this dependency issue before, how long have you been seeing it?

Bryan Stopp

Jun 15, 2021, 9:35:41 PM6/15/21
to Jenkins Developers
Sorry for the delay. I was seeing it since I took over the major dev effort on this plugin. At least every other build failed due to a network issue of not being able to download during the build step. (Almost always on the Windows side)

I haven't seen it since then though - but i'm not pushing a commit every hour to prep for finalizing a release....

-Stopp

Tim Jacomb

Jun 16, 2021, 2:03:00 AM6/16/21
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com
Not saying it’s the best fix but many of us have turned off the windows ci as it’s too unreliable

Tim Jacomb

Jun 17, 2021, 2:58:30 AM6/17/21
to Jenkins Developers
There's a suggestion here on how to fix it: https://github.com/jenkinsci/bom/issues/561