Adopt Plugin: digitalocean-plugin

Steven Jubb

Jul 4, 2024, 5:22:09 AM (2 days ago) Jul 4
to Jenkins Developers
Hello,

I would like to adopt a plugin:

    Link: https://github.com/jenkinsci/digitalocean-plugin
    GitHub Username: speedythesnail
    Jenkins Infrastructure ID: speedythesnail
    Repository Permission Updater PR: https://github.com/jenkins-infra/repository-permissions-updater/pull/3995

I plan on updating, possibly refactoring, and maintaining this plugin to the best of my ability and free time.

Currently, the plugin is non-functional for me. It is able to utilize the Digital Ocean to query the API, but the test connection button results in a 401 Unauthorized (which clearly, it the connection was made initially to pull SSH credentials from my account).

The plugin uses an out-of-date Java API that appears to be no longer maintained (https://github.com/jeevatkm/digitalocean-api-java), with the last commit being 4 years ago.

Additionally, Digital Ocean does not list a Java API library on their website: https://docs.digitalocean.com/reference/libraries/.

I use Digital Ocean for my own cloud personal cloud provider and am a DevoOps Engineer and Software developer.
My career is also my hobby, and I am developing my own product in my spare time so that I may eventually work for myself.
It would be a great honor to contribute back to the community, specifically Jenkins as it has been incredibly
helpful over the past years, and Digital Ocean, who provide affordable cloud services [comparatively to other large provider).

Best regards,
Steven Jubb