Download local files from jenkins plugin page

Young CJ

Mar 3, 2023, 7:11:38 AM3/3/23
to Jenkins Developers
Hi everyone, I'm developing an iOS package plugin, I need to provide IPA file to users, So I
want to show a entrance on my plugin page. But I don't know how to access local files in jelly. Can someone help me. Thanks a lot

Ullrich Hafner

Mar 5, 2023, 3:16:54 PM3/5/23
to JenkinsCI Developers
I think you need to add some more details. What do you mean with local files? Do you want to have files uploaded from your local computer to the Jenkins controller? Or the other way round, provide a link to a file that is stored in a folder of the Jenkins controller? Where are these files stored, how doing you create these file...

Am 03.03.2023 um 10:19 schrieb Young CJ <gored...@gmail.com>:

Hi everyone, I'm developing an iOS package plugin, I need to provide IPA file to users, So I
want to show a entrance on my plugin page. But I don't know how to access local files in jelly. Can someone help me. Thanks a lot

Young CJ

Mar 5, 2023, 8:37:03 PM3/5/23
to Jenkins Developers
Here are more details. I have a mac mini for iOS app packaging, and I installed jenkins on this computer so we can access jenkin by localhost:8080. After finishing iOS packaging, it will produce some files in local folder(include IPA file). After this, I will provide this jenkins url to other user by some tools like ngrok. They need IPA file that we generated,so I write a plugin to handle this. But I don't know how to provide these files  to users in plugin. (As said above, these files are stored in my mac mini.)

Ullrich Hafner

Mar 6, 2023, 2:05:55 AM3/6/23
to JenkinsCI Developers

Am 06.03.2023 um 02:37 schrieb Young CJ <gored...@gmail.com>:

Here are more details. I have a mac mini for iOS app packaging, and I installed jenkins on this computer so we can access jenkin by localhost:8080. After finishing iOS packaging, it will produce some files in local folder(include IPA file).

What do you mean with „I will produce"? Do you mean a Jenkins build produces these artifacts? Then you do not need to write a plugin, your artifacts are automatically available in Jenkins UI via https://www.jenkins.io/doc/pipeline/steps/core/#archiveartifacts-archive-the-artifacts

When you are producing the artifacts outside of Jenkins then you are using Jenkins the wrong way.

After this, I will provide this jenkins url to other user by some tools like ngrok. They need IPA file that we generated,so I write a plugin to handle this. But I don't know how to provide these files  to users in plugin. (As said above, these files are stored in my mac mini.)

As mentioned above, you do not need to write a plugin for such things. What else does your plugin?

在2023年3月6日星期一 UTC+8 04:16:54<ullrich...@gmail.com> 写道: