Somewhere in the Jenkins community for job offers around Jenkins

Baptiste Mathus

Oct 27, 2021, 5:56:56 AM10/27/21
to Jenkins Developers
Hi all,

This idea has been turning in my head for some time, finally putting it here.

I think we should have a "place" [1] for companies to be able to post job offers around Jenkins.

I think this would be a great win-win for the Jenkins Project and the companies that use it:
  • It would benefit the Jenkins Project by showing that there is a bunch of companies out there using Jenkins, and looking for people with skills on it. Exposing the vitality of our community.
  • it would benefit companies that use Jenkins to have a place where, by definition, they can find a bunch of people who have interest in Jenkins.

WDYT :-) ?

-- Baptiste

[1] Maybe a new ML, maybe a new space in community.jenkins.io
I think at this point we can leave this question out (for now).
This place IMO has to be separate, so interested folks can opt in and NOT ever feel spammed by such postings.

Gavin Mogan

Oct 27, 2021, 1:10:52 PM10/27/21
to Jenkins Developers
There's been a bunch of discussions all over the places. My vote is outsourcing as much as possible as the community is spread pretty thin on initiatives.

The ones i remember via gitter

Oleg has suggested forking https://github.com/NYCPlanning/jobs but that would require someone reviewing and merging PRs
At the time I was googling and found https://www.jobboard.io/ziprecruiter/ and was hoping to see if they'd be interest in providing a sponsored version so we didn't have to moderate it
Mailing list and community are also good options, easy and simple, but just like oleg's jetty one, it would require moderation (i'm better at moderating than i am at code reviewing, so i'd trade for hosting requests)

Sadly neither of us really pushed it very far. It goes along pretty nicely with my desire to list commercial support offerings, I just havn't pushed that either yet.

Gavin

Gavin Mogan

Dec 1, 2021, 7:14:18 PM12/1/21
to Jenkins Developers