New members of jenkins.io triage team

Mark Waite

Nov 2, 2021, 7:03:07 PM11/2/21
to Jenkins Developers
During Docs Office Hours yesterday we discussed adding more people to the copy editors team on Jenkins.io.  The process that has been outlined previously is that we first assign people to the triage team, then mentor them for a time.  Once there is a pattern of contributed reviews, then the docs officer or the contributor proposes that they be added to the copy editors team.

I propose that the following regular attendees at Docs office hours be added to the jenkins.io triage team:
  • Kristin Whetstone - Google Summer of Code mentor, Google Season of Docs mentor, pipeline steps doc generator author, regular participant in Docs office hours
  • Dheeraj Singh Jodha - Jenkins weekly changelog reviewer, regular contributor to Jenkins documentation, regular participant in Docs office hours
  • Meg McRoberts - Jenkins training author, contributor to Jenkins documentation, regular participant in Docs office hours
During the mentoring period, they will also need to submit their individual contributor license agreements.  Once the mentoring period is complete and the ICLA's have been submitted, we'll propose that they be made copy editors.

Mark Waite

Gavin Mogan

Nov 3, 2021, 2:48:01 AM11/3/21
to Jenkins Developers
Sounds good to me.

Tim Jacomb

Nov 3, 2021, 3:01:17 AM11/3/21
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com

Oleg Nenashev

Nov 4, 2021, 2:47:06 AM11/4/21
to Jenkins Developers
+1 for all candidates. FTR I would recommend making ICLA a prerequisite for Triage team as well.
If everyone is fine, I will proceed with enabling EasyCLA for the https://github.com/jenkinsci/infra-cla repository so that we switch to a new flow instead of the PDF requirements

Mark Waite

Nov 4, 2021, 12:41:17 PM11/4/21
to Jenkins Developers
+1 from me to enable EasyCLA for the  https://github.com/jenkinsci/infra-cla repository .

No problem if we want to make the CLA a pre-req for triage team membership, especially if they can use EasyCLA to do it.

Mark Waite

Mark Waite

Nov 17, 2021, 11:16:28 AM11/17/21
to jenkinsci-dev
We met in Docs Office Hours this week and decided that we should proceed to add the new members to the triage team even without the new CLA process.

Tim Jacomb

Nov 17, 2021, 11:34:37 AM11/17/21
to Jenkins Developers
+1 no need for triage, it doesn't give much permission at all

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/jenkinsci-dev/CAO49JtENMjscBHORt5OspqNtOES-sXOwGFb89jP2bLypGjTg%2BQ%40mail.gmail.com.

Mark Waite

Nov 24, 2021, 11:43:30 PM11/24/21
to jenkinsci-dev
Kristin is now a member of the triage team.

Invitations have been sent to Meg and Dheeraj.  Thanks to all.

Oleg Nenashev

Nov 29, 2021, 9:48:11 AM11/29/21
to Jenkins Developers

Sorry, I dropped the ball on it. TooManyEmergenciesException

Mark Waite

Nov 29, 2021, 11:16:25 AM11/29/21
to jenkinsci-dev
No problem at all.  Thanks for all your contributions!

We'll check in Docs Office Hours tonight to confirm that Meg and Dheeraj have accepted the invitation.