Jenkins Wiki CSS issues

44 peržiūros
Praleisti ir pereiti prie pirmo neskaityto pranešimo

Jamie Tanna

neskaityta,
2022-10-03 06:46:432022-10-03
kam: Jenkins Developers
Hey folks,

Not sure if I've missed a conversation elsewhere, but looks like, in Firefox (Nightly 104.0a1 (2022-07-13) (64-bit)) the CSS on the Wiki is broken.

There's a browser warning:

> The stylesheet https://wiki.jenkins-ci.org/display/JENKINS/styles/site.css was not loaded because its MIME type, “text/plain”, is not “text/css”.

Also seeing this on Chromium (Version 105.0.5195.102 (Official Build))

Thought I'd flag it for visibility if no one's reported / aware of it.

Gavin Mogan

neskaityta,
2022-10-03 10:40:242022-10-03
kam: Jenkins Developers
I kinda like it unstyled. It highlights the wiki is old and "broken" (it's now just a bunch of static files in. GitHub repo)

Alex Earl

neskaityta,
2022-10-03 12:17:212022-10-03
kam: jenkin...@googlegroups.com
Agreed, whenever I accidentally go there, it reminds me not to use it :D

--

Basil Crow

neskaityta,
2022-10-03 12:26:092022-10-03
kam: jenkin...@googlegroups.com
On the other hand, I do not think it is a good look for the project to
have a major web property with a noticeably broken stylesheet. We want
to look like a vibrant and inviting community, not a run-down
neighborhood.

If the goal is to communicate that the old wiki content is deprecated
and needs to be updated and moved to the official documentation at
jenkins.io, I suggest putting a banner on each page that explicitly
states that, linking to the official documentation and examples of how
to migrate legacy content.

Herve Le Meur

neskaityta,
2022-10-04 16:12:262022-10-04
kam: Jenkins Developers
I agree we could easily do something to get a more pleasant view of this content, even if it's deprecated.
Here is a PR fixing the CSS with screenshots, and a suggestion for another PR to simply replace the logo image in the footer by one with a (fire) butler and a deprecation message for exameple. (Suggesting this as a quick way to deal with it)

https://github.com/jenkins-infra/docker-confluence-data/pull/30

WDYT?

Herve Le Meur

neskaityta,
2022-10-05 18:08:242022-10-05
kam: jenkin...@googlegroups.com
As there were no objections, I merged and deployed the CSS fix.

Here is a proposition for a deprecation banner: https://github.com/jenkins-infra/docker-confluence-data/pull/31

Open to suggestions, I don't intend to spend a lot of time on this though.

WDYT?

Herve Le Meur

neskaityta,
2022-10-06 06:52:042022-10-06
kam: Jenkins Developers
The version with the deprecation banner has been deployed: https://wiki.jenkins-ci.org/JENKINS/index.html

Jamie Tanna

neskaityta,
2022-10-06 07:09:112022-10-06
kam: jenkin...@googlegroups.com
Great stuff, thanks for picking this up!

On Thu, 6 Oct 2022, 11:52 'Herve Le Meur' via Jenkins Developers, <jenkin...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
The version with the deprecation banner has been deployed: https://wiki.jenkins-ci.org/JENKINS/index.html

Alexander Brandes

neskaityta,
2022-10-06 07:25:042022-10-06
kam: Jenkins Developers
Nice work everyone, the banner is really suitable!

Gavin Mogan

neskaityta,
2022-10-20 23:17:132022-10-20
kam: jenkin...@googlegroups.com