not sure where to report issues with 2.319.2

Niv Keidan

Jan 19, 2022, 7:59:46 AM1/19/22
to Jenkins Developers
Hello,

I am seeing an issue related to nodes not picking up jobs when pipeline labels include "||".

Where should I report this? Is this the right place?

Thank you!

Mark Waite

Jan 19, 2022, 8:27:30 AM1/19/22
to Jenkins Developers
Best to report an issue on https://issues.jenkins.io  .  The report needs to provide enough details so that others can duplicate the problem.  See https://www.jenkins.io/participate/report-issue for the types of information needed.

I have many jobs that use labels with '||' and have not noticed failures with 2.319.2 and most recent plugins.  Be sure you provide enough details to show the issue to others.

Niv Keidan

Jan 19, 2022, 11:05:52 AM1/19/22
to Jenkins Developers
Thanks Mark,
I will open a ticket, but just so you guys know this IS an issue!

A simple pipeline with "||" targeting cloud labels behaves differently on 2.319.2 than 2.319.1

I've tested this with two different plugins: EC2 plugin and Anka-Build.

So, for example, using "label1 || label2" will produce the following behavior in the plugins:

EC2 Plugin:
EC2 start spinning label1 instances constantly, with no stopping seen in the horizon (I aborted the job after seeing 6 instances spin up)
label2 is never used.
In 2.319.1 one instance of label1 is spun up and one instance of label2 is spun up until one of them connects. no more.

Anka Build Plugin:
Pretty similar thing happens. Anka VMs are being spun up constantly.
At some point, one of them is actually able to pick up an executor and the job moves on fine, but a single request can spin up even 4 VMs sometimes.
In 2.319.1, a single VM would spin up if possible. If not, the second label would try to spin up

I am working on the ticket as we speak but I thought you guys would like to know.

Niv Keidan

Jan 19, 2022, 11:38:45 AM1/19/22
to Jenkins Developers

Niv Keidan

Jan 19, 2022, 3:42:19 PM1/19/22
to Jenkins Developers
My first PR to this project to fix this issue! :-)