Adoption of plugin Google Container Registry Auth

Vincent Gerris

May 5, 2021, 4:28:52 AM5/5/21
to Jenkins Developers
Hi,

I would like to request push access for ;

I made a PR that needs some more work, especially on some integration tests, contacted the developer, no response.
Perhaps it can be marked for adoption first, but I am happy to take it for now.

There is an easy to fix bug in there that causes many other plugins to fail because of  the tables-to-div change.
Ticket is here:
It would be a good start if anyone can remove the mentioned quote, it seems that is the thing that makes it look that a lot of other plugins are broken.
I upgraded all libraries to recent/latest and I am trying to make the few faiing tests work - it would be great to get some help there because at the moment it is not entirely clear what the author meant to test to me.

Thanks and kind regards,
Vincent

Oleg Nenashev

May 5, 2021, 4:40:29 AM5/5/21
to Jenkins Developers
Thanks for your interest Vincent! The plugin is not marked for adoption, so we will need to ping the maintainers even after 5 years of inactivity (pending plugin EOL/adoption policy discussion). I will do it.
I have also reviewed the pull request and provided some feedback.

Oleg Nenashev

May 5, 2021, 4:52:40 AM5/5/21
to JenkinsCI Developers, wzhen...@gmail.com
CCed Wei Z who is currently listed as the plugin maintainer. According to the plugin adoption policy, we will wait for 2 weeks for a response. An earlier response will be appreciated!

Vincent Gerris

May 5, 2021, 4:13:31 PM5/5/21
to Jenkins Developers
Thank you Oleg, let's hope he is not a long vacation and missed it. I wrote him a few days ago, not being aware of the policy.
I would love to hear something anyway, to ask about the way the end-to-end tests are designed, I wasn't able to compile the old version easily and I think with all the updates something may have changed.
I'm still working on improving that PR, because 5 of now 24 tests are failing and I got tips from Tim on what to improve, which I did.
Great that you guys are all so responsive and cooperative, it feels really welcoming and professional.
Fun to learn and contribute like this, thanks!

Gavin Mogan

May 5, 2021, 4:19:11 PM5/5/21
to Jenkins Developers
When you do manage to take over, its worth upgrading the parent pom to something modern. It comes with a lot of maven tools to scan for potential issues
It will def require some changes, but its worth doing - https://www.jenkins.io/doc/developer/plugin-development/updating-parent/

Vincent Gerris

May 5, 2021, 5:10:33 PM5/5/21
to Jenkins Developers
hi, thanks, I did that in the current branch :
That last one is multiple commits and a bit messy so I will try to make everything clean and orderly.
thanks for the help!

Oleg Nenashev

May 15, 2021, 11:43:36 AM5/15/21
to wei zheng, JenkinsCI Developers
Hello, thanks for the response!
What would be an approximate response timeline?

Thanks in advance,
Oleg

On Wed, May 12, 2021 at 6:15 PM wei zheng <wzhen...@gmail.com> wrote:
I am no longer working for Google.

I am contacting my friends in Google and see if they can find the relevant team to maintain it.

Thanks.

Vincent Gerris

Jun 24, 2021, 9:54:54 AM6/24/21
to Jenkins Developers
Hi, any updates on this?
I have not been able to fix this tests yet, it seems Mockito related.
If you can help a bit with that Wei, I am happy to take this over if nobody responds.
A simply change to the line that has the quote is probably also good, then the issue is gone too.