Governance Board

Slide

Sep 28, 2020, 1:31:24 PM9/28/20
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com
Hi Everyone,

Just wanted to send out an email announcing that I will be resigning from the Jenkins Governance Board after a one year term (instead of two years). This will open up two spots for Governance Board members during the elections this year. My role at work is changing and I will not have the time to work on Jenkins as much as I would like. I feel that other people who do have the time would be more of a benefit to the project and community.

Thanks!

Alex Earl

Marky Jackson

Sep 28, 2020, 1:36:48 PM9/28/20
to Jenkins Developers
I want to thank you for all that you have given to this community while being on the board Alex. Your commitment is so valued and I am personally so thankful for you.

Mark Waite

Sep 28, 2020, 1:53:44 PM9/28/20
to jenkinsci-dev
Thanks for your year of service on the Jenkins board and for all the things you've done for Jenkins and the Jenkins community.

Slide

Sep 28, 2020, 2:07:25 PM9/28/20
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Marky!

Oleg Nenashev

Sep 29, 2020, 9:06:30 AM9/29/20
to Jenkins Developers
Hi Alex,

First of all, thanks a lot for all your contributions to the Jenkins project! You've been doing A LOT for the community as a governance board member, and it is much appreciated. I totally understand your decision,  and I am looking forward to continue working with you on other areas of the Jenkins community . I will do my best to assist with whatever transition steps required for the board member role and other roles if you decide to step down from them.

Best wishes to you in the new role!

Best regards.,
Oleg

martinda

Sep 30, 2020, 9:51:18 PM9/30/20
to Jenkins Developers
Thanks Alex for your help with the Jenkins GB and good luck with your evolving role at work.

Olblak

Oct 1, 2020, 2:55:26 AM10/1/20
to Jenkins Developers ML
Hi Alex,

Congratulation on your new role change and thanks for all the things you did.
I really enjoyed working with you.

Mmmmh I'll better find a windows expert to protect my mental health :D

Slide

Oct 1, 2020, 11:58:25 AM10/1/20
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com
Please note, this does not mean that I won't be helping out and submitting PR's and stuff. I'll still be around :-)

Alyssa Tong

Oct 2, 2020, 2:23:21 PM10/2/20
to Jenkins Dev
Hi Alex,

Super happy you'll be around still. I will echo what others said earlier - your contributions to the project is much valued and appreciated. Your participation at Jenkins events - staffing the Jenkins booth, and helping to shape the agenda for the conferences is invaluable. We appreciate you.

Have fun in your new role at work :)
alyssa