Backporting for 2.426.1 has started

Mark Waite

Oct 29, 2023, 12:49:50 AM10/29/23
to Jenkins Developers

Backporting for 2.426.1 has started, and the RC is scheduled for 2023-11-01.

Candidates: https://issues.jenkins.io/issues/?filter=12146
Fixed: https://issues.jenkins.io/issues/?jql=labels%20%3D%202.426.1-fixed
Rejected: https://issues.jenkins.io/issues/?jql=labels%20%3D%202.426.1-rejected

If there are other issues that you would like to see backported to 2.426.1, please add teh lts-candidate label to the issue so that it can be reviewed.

The stable-2.426 branch is available and passing tests on ci.jenkins.io

Best regards,

Mark Waite

Basil Crow

Nov 2, 2023, 3:02:43 PM11/2/23
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com
On Sat, Oct 28, 2023 at 9:49 PM Mark Waite <mark.ea...@gmail.com> wrote:
> If there are other issues that you would like to see backported to 2.426.1, please add the lts-candidate label to the issue so that it can be reviewed.

As described in JENKINS-70994, SnakeYAML plugin
1.33-95.va_b_a_e3e47b_fa_4 is still bundled in the Jenkins WAR as a
detached plugin, which trips up security scanners. I recommend this be
upgraded to the latest version.

Basil Crow

Nov 2, 2023, 5:48:55 PM11/2/23
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com
I created https://github.com/jenkinsci/jenkins/pull/8674 to get this
into a weekly release.

Mark Waite

Nov 9, 2023, 3:57:15 PM11/9/23
to Jenkins Developers
A new 2.426.1 release candidate should be available within the next 24 hours.  When it is available, it would be great to have additional testing.  A link to the war file will be included in this thread.

The new release candidate has updated the version of the SnakeYAML API plugin bundled in Jenkins 2.426.1.  Jenkins 2.426 bundles SnakeYAML API plugin 1.33-x.  Jenkins 2.426.1 will bundle SnakeYAML API plugin 2.2-x.  The update will reduce the number of (inaccurate) complaints from security scanners.

Mark Waite

Mark Waite

Nov 10, 2023, 8:35:44 AM11/10/23
to Jenkins Developers

The second LTS release candidate for Jenkins 2.426.1 has been published and is ready to be tested.

Final release is scheduled for 2023-11-15.

Download the release candidate from Artifactory.

Mark Waite