Confirmation of the adoption process and documentation refresh

Jean-Marc Meessen

Jan 17, 2022, 10:52:05 AM1/17/22
to Jenkins Developers
Hello,

Based on the observed practice for plugin adoption, especially the related conversations on this list, the documentation (https://www.jenkins.io/doc/developer/plugin-governance/adopt-a-plugin/) didn't seem clear to me. To avoid unnecessary friction for new plugin-adopters, I proposed some improvements to the documentation: https://github.com/jenkins-infra/jenkins.io/pull/4820

From what I gathered, the mail part of the process is "for information" and publicity purposes. The actual authorization (and necessary justification) is done through the RPU Pull Request. Did I miss something?

/- Jmm