Plugin is shown as released but not visible on Jenkins plugins page

Michael Dailey

Nov 4, 2022, 10:48:25 AM11/4/22
to Jenkins Developers
Hello all,

I recently got my first Jenkins plugin through approvals and have set up CD for it. I created a PR and performed a merge manually to trigger the release process.
I can see on the repo home here that it has successfully created an automated release. However, the plugin itself is not visible from the available plugins yet or listed here: Search Results | Jenkins plugin
I do see it on the Artifactory page, and I believe I have followed all of the necessary steps to release the plugin.

Am I missing something obvious here or is there an hourly sync that takes place and I just need to be patient?

Thank you,
Michael

Mark Waite

Nov 4, 2022, 10:51:09 AM11/4/22
to Jenkins Developers
It can take 6-8 hours between the release of a plugin and its visibility on plugins.jenkins.io.

The plugin is listed on https://updates.jenkins.io/latest/ as well, which confirms that the infrastructure knows about the plugin.

Michael Dailey

Nov 4, 2022, 10:53:51 AM11/4/22
to Jenkins Developers
Thanks for the prompt response, Mark. That makes sense... I will exercise some patience here then. I was not aware of the release delay. Does this also apply to updates made in future releases or just the initial release?

Thank you,
Michael

Gavin Mogan

Nov 4, 2022, 10:58:08 AM11/4/22
to Jenkins Developers
Plugins.jenkins.io gets generated every 3 hours. You should be able to see the last run timestamp in the footer.
It depends on other jobs and other reports.

Realistically it should be less than 3 hours but with all the moving parts I wouldn't be concerned until 6 hour mark

Michael Dailey

Nov 4, 2022, 12:00:42 PM11/4/22
to Jenkins Developers
Thanks Gavin! It is showing up now, all is right with the world. Appreciate the follow-ups here.

- Michael