Jenkins Governance Meeting on May 05, 2021

Oleg Nenashev

May 4, 2021, 1:16:56 PM5/4/21
to Jenkins Developers
Dear all,

Tomorrow we will have the regular Jenkins Governance meeting. The meeting will start at 7PM UTC, everyone is welcome to participate! Calendar link: here

Current topics (full agenda and links):
  • News: 2.277.4 Release, SheCodeAfrica summary, DevOps World
  • Confirming the CDF TOC project representative nomination for Jenkins
  • Terminology updates - finalizing the terms
  • Update on the Hosting team
  • Jenkins SDLC security - confirming the pilot project with LFX Security and Snyk
  • Roadmap Updates Review
  • JEP Process updates (and BDFL?)
  • TBD: GitHub Issues for open governance projects/backlog
  • TBD: Plugin End-of-Life Policy
If you want to add a topic, please suggest a topic in the Google Doc. Note that we also have the Roadmap Review topic in the list. Everyone is encouraged to submit their roadmap updates to the jenkins.io repo so that we review them tomorrow: https://github.com/jenkins-infra/jenkins.io/labels/roadmap .

#MayThe4BeWithYou,
Oleg Nenashev

Baptiste Mathus

May 4, 2021, 5:05:44 PM5/4/21
to Jenkins Developers
Hi Oleg, hi everyone,

I've just sent an email update in the other thread about commons-digester:2.1.
If you think this would be worth raising this too during the governance meeting, I can probably try and join this time (given 20:00 UTC+1 can work for me, thanks Summer time :)).

-- Baptiste

Oleg Nenashev

May 4, 2021, 5:16:49 PM5/4/21
to JenkinsCI Developers
Hu Baptiste. No objections from me w.r.t. adding it to the agenda. Do you expect to get a deciaion there? Or is it just a way to socialiye the proposal? Both options LGTM

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "Jenkins Developers" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/jenkinsci-dev/CANWgJS6ZSk%2B-Q6rJOHgee__QqQi2Rree3QGoNfoTtyZcz%2BQXZA%40mail.gmail.com.

Baptiste Mathus

May 4, 2021, 5:35:23 PM5/4/21
to Jenkins Developers
Yes, socializing the idea at this point I would say. And probably getting some potential feedback on the proposed action plan.

As much as I would obviously love to move forward sooner than later, I think asking for a decision already would be a bit too early and disingenuous from me. 🙂

Oleg Nenashev

May 5, 2021, 4:05:55 AM5/5/21
to Jenkins Developers
Added Commons Digester to the agenda. It looks like we need to agree in the thread, e.g. whether JEP is needed

Oleg Nenashev

May 6, 2021, 4:02:13 AM5/6/21
to Jenkins Developers
Thanks to all participants! And special thanks to Gavin for doing the meeting notes!

Recording of the Jenkins Governance meeting: https://youtu.be/hxn2LHWhaFQ . At this meeting we discussed the recent news: 2.277.4 Release, SheCodeAfrica contributhon completion, DevOps World CFP, and 5 years since the Jenkins 2.0 release. After that we confirmed Oleg Nenashev as the candidate for CDF TOC project representatives from Jenkins. Then we discussed removing Commons Digester from the Jenkins core and agreed on the next steps. We also voted on terminology and finalized some terms like "built-in" node. Then we confirmed the pilot project with the Linux Foundation and Snyk, focused on securing Jenkins delivery pipelines and adopting LFX Security 2.0.

Participants: Ulli Hafner, Gavin Mogan, Ewelina Wilkosz, Daniel Beck, Baptiste Mathus, Mark Waite, Oleg Nenashev

I will summarize the decisions in other threads

Best regards,
Oleg Nenashev