FilePathTest.copyToWithPermissionSpecialPermissions test

Nayana Thorat

Sep 1, 2021, 8:55:30 AM9/1/21
to Jenkins Developers
Hello,
I tried building and testing jenkins code (jenkins-2.289.3.tar.gz) on s390x by executing command:
mvn clean install
Observed test failure as
FilePathTest.copyToWithPermissionSpecialPermissions:492 Special permissions should be copied on the same machine expected:<1535> but was:<420>
Want to know if this test is crucial one?

Nayana Thorat

Sep 24, 2021, 3:43:34 AM9/24/21
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com

This failure is due to unavailability of libjffi-1.2.so for s390x . basically jenkins/core uses posix.jnr which downloads and uses jffi-1.3.3-native.jar. jffi-1.3.3-native.jar doesn't have s390x/libjffi-1.2.so though jnr/jffi has s390x support . Already issue is open with jffi community - https://github.com/jnr/jffi/issues/113

Created this issue to keep track of this failure. Once jnr/jffi#113 fixed, jenkins test failure on s390x will be resolved

Regards,
Nayana

Tim Jacomb

Sep 24, 2021, 4:18:36 AM9/24/21
to Jenkins Developers
Thanks for tracking that down.

For the record the test is already disabled on Windows and Mac because of the POSIX specific features it relies on

Thanks
Tim

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/jenkinsci-dev/CAG8N5xff8T3K3n98K988Y6SL6Lw0V911Du5aEyv382qVT_gYEg%40mail.gmail.com.

Tobias Gruetzmacher

Sep 24, 2021, 6:34:13 PM9/24/21
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Am Fri, Sep 24, 2021 at 01:13:18PM +0530 schrieb Nayana Thorat:
> This failure is due to unavailability of libjffi-1.2.so for s390x .
> basically jenkins/core uses posix.jnr which downloads and uses
> jffi-1.3.3-native.jar. jffi-1.3.3-native.jar doesn't have
> s390x/libjffi-1.2.so though jnr/jffi has s390x support . Already issue
> is open with jffi community - https://github.com/jnr/jffi/issues/113
>
> Created this issue to keep track of this failure. Once jnr/jffi#113
> fixed, jenkins test failure on s390x will be resolved

Please take a look at https://github.com/jnr/jffi/pull/114 - While there
seems to have been support for s390x in jffi at some point, currently
only an empty archive is shipped... That pull request might restore
platform support.

Regards, Tobias

Tobias Gruetzmacher

Oct 31, 2021, 6:13:07 PM10/31/21
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com
Hi again,

On Sat, Sep 25, 2021 at 12:34:04AM +0200, Tobias Gruetzmacher wrote:
> > Created this issue to keep track of this failure. Once jnr/jffi#113
> > fixed, jenkins test failure on s390x will be resolved
>
> Please take a look at https://github.com/jnr/jffi/pull/114 - While there
> seems to have been support for s390x in jffi at some point, currently
> only an empty archive is shipped... That pull request might restore
> platform support.

Just a heads up:
- https://github.com/jnr/jffi/pull/114 was merged
- jffi 1.3.6 was released
- jnr-ffi 2.2.8 was released
- jnr-posix 3.1.11 was released
- https://github.com/jenkinsci/jenkins/pull/5859 should update to that
version

So as far as I can see, this should be fixed in a few days ;)

Regards, Tobias

Mark Waite

Oct 31, 2021, 6:55:36 PM10/31/21
to Jenkins Developers
Confirmed that I can see the test failure on the master branch with s390x and that PR-5859 passes the test with s390x.

Thanks!