URI is not hierarchical error running tests in Intellij?

Andrew Bayer

Oct 20, 2016, 7:33:26 AM10/20/16
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com
I've got a project that's now two plugins as submodules in a Maven project - the plugins inherit from the plugin parent POM, not the aggregator POM. Now Intellij is refusing to run my tests in the second plugin (which depends on the first) with errors like https://gist.github.com/abayer/57d0c42ee97aa9fe96932c960bbe2d16. It all builds/tests fine from the command line. Any ideas?

A.

Jesse Glick

Oct 20, 2016, 8:29:49 AM10/20/16
to Jenkins Dev
On Thu, Oct 20, 2016 at 7:32 AM, Andrew Bayer <andrew...@gmail.com> wrote:
> https://gist.github.com/abayer/57d0c42ee97aa9fe96932c960bbe2d16

FTR this is a failure to `mvn -DskipTests install` a snapshot
dependency. I will see if the message can be made more
self-explanatory.

Carlos Sanchez

Dec 12, 2016, 4:26:33 AM12/12/16
to Jenkins Developers
I'm getting the same error in Eclipse, no snapshots nor dependencies between eclipse projects

The TestPluginManager.loadBundledPlugins(TestPluginManager.java:117 is trying to create a File from url

jar:file:/Users/csanchez/.m2/repository/org/jenkins-ci/plugins/workflow/workflow-step-api/2.3/workflow-step-api-2.3-tests.jar!/test-dependencies/workflow-step-api.jpi

Using jenkins-test-harness 2.15

Jesse Glick

Dec 12, 2016, 10:26:43 AM12/12/16
to Jenkins Dev
On Mon, Dec 12, 2016 at 4:26 AM, Carlos Sanchez <car...@apache.org> wrote:
> The TestPluginManager.loadBundledPlugins(TestPluginManager.java:117 is
> trying to create a File from url
>
> jar:file:/Users/csanchez/.m2/repository/org/jenkins-ci/plugins/workflow/workflow-step-api/2.3/workflow-step-api-2.3-tests.jar!/test-dependencies/workflow-step-api.jpi

Not sure how that could happen—perhaps dependencies in the POM are
messed up? At any rate, note that this ZIP entry will be gone as of
2.6.