Press Contacts

Gavin Mogan

Feb 9, 2023, 3:30:10 PM2/9/23
to Jenkins Developers
Re

I'm planning on a putting in a PR to remove myself from the contacts. In the almost two years of me being on the list, i've never had a legitimate email, its all spam about having sponsored posts.

I also think most (maybe 50%) of the people listed are no longer actively engaged with the project, so probably not the best to a filter for press.

My vote is to just drop the contacts section and use the forum or something. Private communication isn't really great for the projectanyways.

Gavin

Alyssa Tong

Feb 9, 2023, 7:09:32 PM2/9/23
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com
+1 for dropping the contacts. IIRC as long as i've been with the project there hasn't really been press request(s) either.
Alternatively there's CDF, perhaps they can be that fitler (contact) for Jenkins.  Just a thought.

alyssa

Oleg Nenashev

Feb 10, 2023, 6:55:11 AM2/10/23
to Jenkins Developers
+1 too. We can just drop everything and offer a Jenkins Board and Security team contacts instead

Alexander Brandes

Feb 10, 2023, 7:10:00 AM2/10/23
to Jenkins Developers
+1 from me, a rework is overdue.

Baptiste Mathus

Feb 10, 2023, 7:25:50 AM2/10/23
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com
+1 to remove/rework this and just point to the board's email.

1) I did receive many such sollications in the past, many legitimate. But in 99% of the cases, I have mostly just forwarded requests to the board when being contacted through this.
2)  I do not think I have received anything in the last 1+ year at least anyway

Cheers

Ullrich Hafner

Feb 10, 2023, 11:58:14 AM2/10/23
to JenkinsCI Developers