Governance meeting Jan 12, 2022

Mark Waite

Jan 12, 2022, 2:45:57 PM1/12/22
to Jenkins Developers
Today's governance meeting will start at 9:00 PM UTC.  Agenda items include:

  • News

  • End of year blog post draft

  • Administrative access - Oleg Nenashev

    • Oleg is still listed as a manager for the CloudBees CLA at Linux Foundation

      • Mark check with Linux Foundation on how to update CLA manager (not done yet)

  • Google Summer of Code

    • Alyssa Tong and Jean-Marc Meessen leading the effort

  • She Code Africa Contributhon

    • Planning has started

    • Planned for April / May this year rather than March/April

  • Highlights from the mailing lists and community forum

    • Java 8 end of life JEP needed - Mark Waite plans to write it

    • UI modernization continues (thanks Jan Faracik and Tim Jacomb!)

Oleg Nenashev

Jan 12, 2022, 4:00:58 PM1/12/22
to Jenkins Developers
Hi all,

I will have to skip today's meeting. I barely slept last night, and I am not very productive.
I do not have major updates from my side.
  •  Still waiting for green light from the Linux Foundation to enable EasyCLA for Jenkins
  • CDF has not yet been accepted to the Inclusive Naming Initiative. Had a chat with two INI directors on Monday w.r.t this topic
  • I will be doing a talk about my vision for Jenkins at FOSDEM. My plan to share it with the community by Friday so that everyone will be able to review/comment. The talk will be still delivered with disclaimer that it is my personal opinion, because it goes against the Jenkins vision of some company members. I do not want to build consensus for my individual talk, and hence the disclaimers. For any roadmap updates and actual changes in Jenkins, of course we will need to build consensus

Best regards,
Oleg Nenashev